Monday, May 23, 2011

Fill your cup

No one is more pleasurable to be around than a
person who has had her cup filled by the Lord..

Searching for the perfect, unfailing love in anyone
else is not only fruitless , it is miserably disappointing and destructive.
Oswald Chambers said it wonderfully when he said..
No love of the natural heart is safe unless the human heart has been satisfied by God First..


We have our "unmet " needs, and we carry them around all day  like an empty cup..
In one way  or another , we hold out that empty cup to the people in our lives and say
"Can someone please fill this? Even a tablespoon would help!"
 We seek to have our cup filled by  approval, affirmations , control, success
or immediate gratification, we are miserable until something is in it.


I have come to love and appreciate Psalms 143:8
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
for i have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go,
for to you I lift up my soul..


Let Christ Love  fill your heart and soul first thing in the morning
and during the course of the day, anything else anyone is able
to offer could just be the overflow of the already full cup..

This person will never lack company or affection
because she draws daily from the well of
Gods Unfailing Love..

Col. 2:10
Ye are complete in Him.

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautifully written and just what I needed to hear this morning! :)

    ReplyDelete