Monday, August 1, 2011

What my Father say's I am..


Do we see ourselves the way God see's us?

Judges 6:11-16
Now the Angel of the Lord came and sat under the oak at Ophrah,
 and his son Gideon was hiding from the Midianites.
And the Angel of the Lord appeared to him and said to him,
 The Lord is with you, you mighty man of [fearless] courage.
The Lord turned to him and said,
 Go in this your might, and you shall save Israel from the hand of Midian.
 Have I not sent you?
Gideon said to Him, Oh Lord, how can I deliver Israel?
Behold, my clan is the poorest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father's house.
The Lord said to him, Surely I will be with you

I have to admit.. I have many moments of Insecurities...
And even more moments of second guessing myself..
And I have heard it said many of times..
Insecurity in ourselves or
 envy of others is the
ultimate insult to God
for if we are second guessing
Gods ability,
or his best for us,,
we are insulting him.
In the scripture above,,
The Lord calls Gideon
A mighty warrior,a man of courage..
at the time the Lord called him that
Gideon was HIDING..
Not feeling real confident in himself or what he was to do..
And in reply Gideon says..
my clan (family) is the poorest and I am the least of them.

All too many times we judge ourselves by the world yardstick..
And when we do that ...
We can NeVeR measure up....

But God , our creature call us
Mighty Warrior..
Man/Women of great courage
God sees us so different then we do.
Our Father says we are beautiful,
courage's, deserving, loving,
and enough....
Enough for the King of Kings..
wow.. that's pretty Awesome..
We are pretty Awesome according to the creator of the earth..

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life,
what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear.
For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes.
"Consider how the wild flowers grow.
Yet I tell you,
not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.
 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field,
which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire,
 how much more will he clothe you.
Luke 12
(How much more does he love us, think we are beautiful? )
Our Father says we Are..
Remember who you are...
You are a Jesus Girl.
He has prepared you for what lies ahead.
He has enabled you to withstand the world
and its judgements
and here is the secret..
He love us, just as we are..
 Creative,funny ,loving,
quirky, caring,nurturing,

~You are Beautiful~
~You are Enough~
Your Father Says So!!

This post was inspired by a sermon
From Elevation Church..
http://elevat.io/n/xpwww.elevationexperience.com
I love this guys,
feel free to click on the link and watch this sermon
he covers so much more of it than I could
in a little blog post..
You will be so touched by his preaching

God Bless You..
You are a Jesus Girl
You are Beautiful
You are Enough
Your Father Says So....

~♥~ Karen~♥~


No comments:

Post a Comment